Posts Tagged ‘recipe’
This is Mr. Right’s favorite sweet potato dish. Yum!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- The potatoes will be tender when done and will have a sugary, syrup discharge.
- Let cool until able to handle potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Remove flesh from potatoes and discard skin.
- Combing potatoes and remaining ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Beat on high speed until smooth.
- Cover to keep warm or reheat before serving.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 large yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 cups stuffing mix
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 sleeve buttered crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a very large skillet or stockpot over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Sauté onion, squash and zucchini for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts and mixture is combined.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top.
- Drizzle melted butter over crackers.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Freezing Directions: This casserole freezes well.
- After the cheese melts and the mixture is combined, store the casserole in Ziploc or FoodSaver bags.
- Defrost before serving.
- Top with crushed crackers, drizzle melted butter over crackers.
- Bake as instructed above.
Click for more Batch Cooking Tips.