Here are some links I have found to Irish Recipes and a few recipes of my own.
Posts Tagged ‘potatoes’
4 large Potatoes
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
2 tablespoons, Cheddar Cheese, shredded for garnish
1 slice bacon, cooked, crumbled, for garnish
Bake potatoes for 1 hour at 400 degrees.
Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
Cut off 1 1/2 inch strip off the top of the potatoes.
Carefully, scoop out flesh of potatoes leaving the skins in tact as a shell.
Mash the potatoes with sour cream, milk, butter, cheeses, and salt.
Fold bacon into the potato mixture.
Stuff the potato skins with the mashed potato mixture.
Top each potato with cheese and bacon as garnish.
Bake potatoes for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced (I use a food processor)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Rub a 3 1/2-quart baking dish with garlic and butter generously.
- Add the garlic cloves to the dish.
- Arrange potatoes in layers in baking dish.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Pour cream over potatoes.
- Dot top with any remaining butter.
- Bake until golden and bubbling and potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°, and continue to bake until the top is brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.
- 9 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain.
- Beat potatoes in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, adding butter, seasonings, and milk.
- Check seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Put potato mixture into a buttered shallow casserole dish.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff.
- Fold cheese into whipped cream and spread over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, only until golden brown.
Note: Casserole may be prepared ahead of time, the topping added just before baking.