This post has been moved to: http://jenuinejen.com/2008/03/14/aloha-friday-what-is-your-favorite-kind-of-ice-cream/. Please click to go to jenuinejen’s new website.
Posts Tagged ‘meme’
A light bulb went off in BusyBoy’s head the other day. He was looking at the cover of a book and realized that each character had a letter above its head (A, B, and C) and that they were holding something that started with the corresponding letter. He was so excited that he discovered this. He pointed it out to Mr. Right. “Look, Daddy. This bear is holding an apple and he has an A above his head. Apple starts with A. This bear is holding a book and he has a B above his head. Book starts with a B. And, this bear is holding a car. Car starts with a C. They have the same letter above their head of the thing they are holding.” He was very excited.
Not to be outdone, his twin sister, GigglyGirl, over heard the exchange and piped in, “BusyBoy is acting like he is 5 but he is not 5. He is only 4.”
I’m participating in the Ultimate Blog Party sponsored by 5 Minutes for Mom. Click on over to visit JenuineJen’s Blog Party.
If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be?
I do not think I could be any current celebrity for one whole week, I really do not envy their lives. I guess if I had to choose, I would select Heather Locklear. She seems fairly down to earth.
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?
On a scale of 1 – 10, I like to talk on the phone at about a 5. I really do not enjoy long, long phone conversations for the most part. Sometimes, I do enjoy them if I am catching up with someone who I have not talked to in a while. Overall, I prefer email and text messages to phone calls.
Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).
I have donated to the United Methodist Church and to one of my colleges, Reinhardt College. Mr. Right and I met at Reinhardt and my parents did as well so it holds a special place in our hearts.
While political organizations are not thought of as “charitable” Mr. Right and I have donated to these in the past and to specific candidates. We think it is important that the right people get elected and like to do what we can to help them when we are able.
What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?
I could probably eat chips and salsa every day for a single month and not get sick of it. Also, I like to drink milk and usually have a cup at least 1 time a day.
Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?
Yes. We have been affected by the flu. You can read about it affecting my family and also another family we know who wound up in the hospital because of it. If you get it, rest and recover.
Please leave a comment if you stop by my blog so I can be sure to check out your blog. If you have not done so already, be sure to check out this week’s other Friday’s Feast participants.
Here is this week’s Friday Fill-In.
1. Ahhhh, it’s so nice to wake up on a Saturday morning with no obligations, hear rain pitter pattering on the roof, and roll over to go back to sleep. When I was in college I worked at Radio Shack. Every single Saturday morning we had a sales meeting at 8:00 AM even if our shift did not officially start until later in the day. When I began my career after college, I realized rolling over on a rainy, dreary Saturday morning to go back to sleep was one of my favorite luxuries and it does not even cost any money!
2. One of my favorite things on my desk or bureau is my picture of my family.
3. Japanese Cherry Blossom – I would love to visit Washington D.C. to see the Cherry Blossoms in bloom. The Jefferson Memorial is my favorite memorial. I have visited at dawn, dusk, daytime, and late night but I have never visited it when the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom. As a bit of trivia, these trees were a gift from Japan in 1912. It might be fun to be there for the 100th anniversary of the the gift giving.
4. My bed is my favorite place to sit and read.
5. Peanut Butter and chocolate is delicious!
6. I love to watch Drew Barrymore in movies.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching Celebrity Apprentice and Lipstick Jungle on tivo with Mr. Right, tomorrow my plans include taking the children to the neighborhood pool and Sunday, I want to plan my activities for next week and write 3 blog posts!
Please leave a comment if you stop by my blog so I know who visited. I am always curious as to who visits my blog. If you have not done so already, be sure to check out this week’s other Friday Fill-In participants.
Oh, yeah! I’m participating in the Ultimate Blog Party sponsored by 5 Minutes for Mom. Click on over to visit JenuineJen’s Blog Party.
This is my first Friday Fiver. The theme for this week’s is Hush Your Mouth. (I bet Mr. Right wishes I did this more often. 🙂 )
Do you like the thrill of the chase?
I suppose I do like the thrill of chase, especially when it comes to working towards goals or political campaigning.
What winds you up?
Oh, there are several things that wind me up, some of the productive things that wind me up are: high taxes, RINOs (Republicans in Name Only), and sharing my faith with those who want to learn more about God.
One of the most non-productive things that wind me up is getting frustrated when the dishes are not stacked properly in the cabinet. Honestly and rationally, I should be happy that someone else is putting the dishes away for me instead of freaking out that they are not stacked neatly and just so. I have come a long way in overcoming this pet peeve but it has taken quite a while to get here.
Are you a loud talker?
I think I generally am an average talker. I know I am not normally a soft talker and I think I am not normally a loud talker. With that being said, I have been known to talk so loud that a group of 75 fellow delegates from my county to a State Convention have been able to hear me even over the loud roar of the other several thousand convention goers. So, I can talk loud when needed and appropriate.
What comes easy to you?
Loving my family and God comes easily to me.
What did you dream about recently?
Okay, this is a bit embarrassing. I dreamed that John Schnider called me on my cell phone. I think the dream was a combination of lack of sleep in the past week on the campaign trail, seeing Schnider in a recent Zaxby’s commercial, and my re-telling a story about Georgia’s Secretary of State getting a call from Donnie Osmond.
If you stop by please leave a comment. I am always curious as to who visits my blog. Be sure to check out the other participants of the Friday Fiver.