I am very interested in moving my wordpress.com blog to its own url. I am also interested in coming up with a much more attractive blog design. So, for this week’s Backwards Works for Me Wednesday I have some questions about this.
- What is the process to backup and restore my wordpress.com blog to its own url?
- How can (or can I) redirect traffic from the wordpress.com blog to the new url to maintain the incoming links and traffic?
- If you have your own url, who do you use for your web hosting service? Are you satisfied with the service? Why or why not?
- Have you had your site professionally redesigned? If so, who did you use? Were you satisfied? Why or why not?
- If you did not have your site professionally designed, did you modify a template and how did you go about designing your own site?
- Is it possible to
- Do you have any other advice as I (hopefully) embark on this?
Thank you so much for your help in answering my questions!!
To help others by giving your advice, visit Shannon’s site to see the other Backwards Works for Me Wednesday bloggers.