Motherhood is the one of the best gifts from God. Motherhood creates the opportunity to care for others and put their needs and wants above your own. It gives you the opportunity to shape the lives of the little ones with whom you are blessed.
Motherhood also gives you the opportunity to reshape your life. Motherhood is an ongoing education. Motherhood puts you in the classroom of life. Motherhood teaches so many lessons.
Here are some of the lessons my first 4 years as a mother have taught me:
- Limitless love
- How to be in the moment
- When to say no and when to say yes
- How to discipline with loving, kindness
- How to look up information to questions such as “how big do alligators grow?”
- When it is necessary to take time for yourself
- When it is necessary to make time for your husband
- Why sleep deprivation is used as a torture technique
- How to keep your house clean while still caring for and playing with children
- How to play and how to imagine
- How God can forgive when one asks for forgiveness
- How to laugh – not cry – over spilled milk
- A newfound appreciation for your own mother’s patience and love
- That a kiss makes boo-boos feel better
- A shoulder to cry on is one of the best gifts to little ones
- The importance of stopping to smell the roses
I am sure I will learn many more lessons in the years to come. What lessons have you learned from motherhood? Leave your comments below.